This week has been a little crazy with trying to finish Christmas shopping, my boss being on a cruise all week so I was in charge of the school and working long hours. However there were several highlights that made it so much better!
1. My secret santa at work dropped this little guy off for me at the beginning of the week. I named him Owen and he makes me happy! 🙂
Owen the Owl
2. One of my parents brought me a gift for Christmas yesterday. It is a bottle of perfume. I thought it was so sweet for her to think of me. 🙂
3. One of my favorite Christmas traditions in Charleston is the Festival of Lights. I haven’t been in 8 years since we lived in Utah but now I’m home and of course I wanted to go! So we loaded up yesterday and headed to the island to see the lights. We rode the carousel too. 🙂 I bribed Brennan to ride it with pie. That boy loves some pie.
4. We drove through the lights, walked Santa’s village and rode the carousel. We ended the night by roasting marshmallows and drinking hot chocolate. It was Jaxon’s first time to go and Brennan hasn’t been since he was 4. I loved spending the time with my boys.
5. Tonight is my office Christmas party. I’m so excited for tonight. It should be a blast. Definitely going to round out my week nicely.
What traditions do you look forward to every year?
So this week went by in a BLUR! I can’t believe everything that happened this week! So excited to look back and see that it was a great week! Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth and Jenny for High Five for Friday!
So excited for his gifts!
1. On Saturday we attended Jaxon’s first cub scout Christmas party! He is so excited to be part of scouts after waiting so patiently while we attended all the fun things for Brennan while he was a cub scout!
2. We were part of the town Christmas Parade with the pack on Sunday! It was cold and rainy but our float was so cute with all those cutie scouts! I adore these kids like none other! I am so proud to be a scout mom and Tiger den leader!
So proud of his gingerbread house!
3. On Wednesday, the kiddies had a half day so J’s teacher had parents come in and make gingerbread houses with them! I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out and giggling and building, getting messy with my boy! I just love him soooo much!!!
Me and Santa
4. Yesterday Santa came to the preschool where I worked and took pictures with the kiddos. Ian made a great Santa didn’t he?! So thankful for him volunteering for my littles at school!
Merry Christmas Ian!
5. And last but certainly not least, Ian got his Christmas present early! His all time favorite comedian, Gabriel Iglesias, came to the Performing Arts Center here in SC last night! I bought Ian tickets and we made a night of it! It was a great show and I laughed harder than I have in a long time! Merry Christmas Ian!
So tell me what was your week like???
The first grade made gingerbread houses this morning and I was able to go help J with his! I love this kiddo!
This is my first High Five for Friday post! I read through hundreds of these every Friday so I thought I’d participate this week!
Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth!
1. We put up our Christmas Tree this past Sunday. I love how pretty it turned out!
2. At Scouts on Tuesday night, we made the most adorable snowmen ornaments with nuts and washers. This is J with his snowman!
3. I received notification on Wednesday that I had been awarded the TEACH scholarship to go back to college!
4. Yesterday I received these beauties at work with a sweet note from Ian~ Just Because!
5. I spent several hours at work helping put up and decorate this massive 12 foot Christmas Tree in the foyer of our school. I think it turned out beautifully. I love my job!
So tell me what were the highlights from your week??